Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Are you in control of your own decisions?

Watch this video first
Dan Ariely asks, Are we in control of our own decisions? | Video on TED.com

Are we that deluded?
Do we really make decision on contrast all the time?

It is unfortunate, but it seems the answer is yes.

So how do you make better choices?

In NLP, we call it "chunking up". This means to look at the bigger picture, look at the value consistency of the choices you make.

The video (link above) talks about choosing to be an organ donor and the effect of opt-in vs. opt-out questioning. So if you were in that scenario, what I humbly propose is that you take a moment to compare the choice you are about to make to your values & beliefs. Suddenly the choice is easier to make and the decision is much more in line what your true self.

So today, in the spirit of making the right choices, I made a life changing choice. I had been stuck for the last couple of year on default choice, when it came to work & career, I may explain later why & how. But for now, I see it differently.

Where do I stand on the matter of work? The answer is simple. I stand on the side that values entrepreneurship and innovation.

So Good bye job.

Hello building my own dream. My own company, full time. No more excuses.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment